Welcome to my website!
I am a licensed physiotherapist and a member of the L’Ordre Des Physiotherapeutes du Quebec (OPPQ). I graduated from McGill University and have over 15 years of experience helping people getting better. I have worked with the Montreal Canadiens professional hockey team, the Canadian tennis Championships, and with the athletes of the 2004 and 2012 Olympic Summer Games.
I am the senior head physiotherapist of the sports medicine team at the Club Sportif MAA in downtown Montreal, and have served on the advisory boards of the McGill Faculty of Physiotherapy and Sport Physiotherapy Canada, the nation’s professional association for sports physiotherapists. I have also worked as a physiotherapist on the sets of The Mummy 3 and X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Whether you have bad posture or your knees are giving you problems, I can help.
My goal as a health-care provider is to help you get better faster, as well as answer any questions that you were too afraid to ask your doctor or your allied health professional.
- Manual-Hands on Therapy
- Range of Motion and Strength Exercises
- Balance / Co-ordination Exercises
- Electical Modalitites
- Clear Explanation of Problems to patient
40+ Fitness Podcast
George speaks with Allan Misner about his book, Fix My Knee.
My main areas of practice are :
- Ankle (e.g. Achilles tendinitis, ankle sprains or muscle pulls)
- Foot (e.g. plantar fasciitis, toe running injuries or general foot pain)
- Posture ( Neck and back issues, how to better sit, ergonomic suggestions )
- Groin (e.g. hip flexor or groin pulls )
- Knee (e.g. patellofemoral pain syndrome, ligament injuries)
- Leg (e.g. shin splints, quadricep, calf and hamstring injuries)
- Wrist (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, pulled muscle, sprains, fractures)
- Elbow (e.g. tennis, golfer’s)
- Shoulder (e.g. , tendinitis, bursitis, capsulitis, rotator cuff injuries)
- Back (e.g. Disc herniations, low back pain)
- Neck (e.g. Postural pain and stiffness)
- Head (e.g. concussion-related)
- Running Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- How to have better posture and be pain-free !
My web site has some great features and practical information through my blogs that can hopefully assist you on your way to recovery, and get you better in the fastest way possible. If you would like to make an appointment, please click on the blue link below. No one likes to be in pain!
I hope the information that you find here is both helpful and educational and I hope that you get some enjoyment out of it as I have writing it. Enjoy!
Fix My Knee
Our knees taking a beating on a daily basis, even if all we ever do is sit and walk. As some of the most used and abused joints, knees are a hotspot for pain, strain, and injury. Fix My Knee: A Guide to Preventing and Healing from Injury and Strain helps readers to better understand how the knee works, how to prevent injury and strain, and how to treat it if and when the knee is in need.
Buy it now at:
Fix My Shoulder
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body. It enjoys an amazing range of motion; it can rotate 360 degrees and can extend upward, sideways, across the body, outward, inward, every which way. That makes it the most useful joint we have, and, not surprisingly, we use it the most. Lifting, pushing, pulling, throwing, catching, hugging: the shoulder experiences more motion than any other joint.